The Limited Warranty described above is extended only to the original end-use purchaser and is non-transferable. It does not include parts or labor to repair damage caused by mishandling, accident, negligence, misuse, normal wear and tear, normal cosmetic deterioration, or damage caused by environmental conditions. While necessary repairs or maintenance on your Ukiah Co. product can be performed by any company, we recommend that you use only authorized Ukiah dealers and parts. Incorrectly performed or improper repair or maintenance voids this Limited Warranty.
* There are no express warranties except as listed above.
* The purchaser assumes all risks in the assembly, operation, and maintenance of this unit.
* Failure to follow the warnings and operational instructions contained in this manual can result in personal injury and/or property damage.
* This Limited Warranty is in lieu or all other express warranties, and is the sole and exclusive warranty provided by Ukiah Co. Ukiah Co. disclaims all warranties for products that are purchased from sellers other than authorized distributors or retailers, including the warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or the warranty of merchantability.
* Upon expiration of this Limited Warranty, Ukiah Co. disclaims and will not be liable or responsible for any other warranty, including express and implied warranties. This means that to the extent allowed by law, starting on the applicable Ukiah Co. Limited Warranty expiration date, all Ukiah Co. Products are provided on an “as is” basis, and Ukiah Co. disclaims all warranties and conditions with respect to the Ukiah Co products, whether implied, express, or statutory, including the implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, non-infringement of third-party rights, title, quiet enjoyment, availability, quality of service or results, satisfactory quality, accuracy, and any warranties arising from any course of dealing, usage or trade practice in connection with such products.
* Ukiah Co. further disclaims any implied or express warranty of, and assumes no responsibility for, defects in workmanship caused by third parties.
* In no event will Ukiah Co., its directors, officers or agents be liable to the purchaser of this device or any third party, whether in tort, or in contract, or on any other basis, for any indirect, special, punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental damage, loss, or cost arising in connection with or out of the sale, use, maintenance, or inability to use the product, even if Ukiah Co. or its directors, officers, or agents have been advised of the possibility of such damages, losses, or costs, or if such damages, losses, or costs are foreseeable. In no event will Ukiah Co. or its directors, officers, or agents be liable for any direct damages, losses, or costs that exceed the purchase price of the product.
* This Limited Warranty gives the purchaser specific legal rights, and the purchaser may also have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The provisions of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the Sales of Goods shall not apply to this Limited Warranty or the sale of products covered by this Limited Warranty.
* Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you, and in such cases, the provisions of this Limited Warranty are in addition to and not a modification of or subtraction from any statutory warranties and other rights and remedies provided by law.
* No distributor, dealer, retailer, reseller, vendor, sales person or other person is authorized by Ukiah Co. to modify the terms of this Limited Warranty or to make any warranty, promise, or representation which is different from, in addition to, or inconsistent with the warranties, promises, or representations expressly set forth in this Limited Warranty.
* If any provision of this Limited Warranty is found to be invalid or unenforceable, then the remainder shall have full force and effect, and the invalid provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law to effectuate the purposes of this Limited Warranty.
* This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Washington state. Unless Ukiah Co. consents in writing to the selection of an alternative forum, the Courts of Washington shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Limited Warranty or any Ukiah Co. product.
U.S. Patent No.: US 7,748,683 B1 / Date of Patent: Jul. 6, 2010.
U.S. Patent No.: US 10,054243 B1 / Date of Patent Aug. 21, 2018.
U.S. Patent Application (pending), attorney docket no. 09624-001US3.
US Design Patent 29/674,152 (pending)
US Design Patent 29/674,153 (pending)
US Design Patent 29/674,154 (pending)
“UKIAH” for use in connection with portable fire pits. Trademark application for registration allowed.
“TAILGATER” for use in connection with portable fire pits featuring a fuel source and burner to create a flame by combusting the fuel, and an electronic controller arranged to vary the flame responsive to voice or music audio input to the portable fire pit.Trademark application for registration allowed.